The following Web sites* may be useful for you and help your patients learn more about their glaucoma:
- Glaucoma Research Foundation—Provides relevant information if you are suffering from glaucoma
- MedLinePlus—Provides a brief outline of glaucoma and how it may affect you
- WebMD—Provides an in-depth explanation of glaucoma
- eMedicineHealth—Offers detailed information about glaucoma
- The National Eye Institute—Provides information about various eye diseases and disorders that affect Americans, including glaucoma
INDICATIONS AND USAGE
Preservative-free TIMOPTIC® in OCUDOSE® is indicated in the treatment of elevated intraocular pressure in patients with ocular hypertension or open-angle glaucoma. Preservative-free TIMOPTIC® in OCUDOSE® may be used when a patient is sensitive to the preservative in Timoptic (timolol maleate ophthalmic solution), benzalkonium chloride, or when use of a preservative-free topical medication is advisable.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Timoptic is contraindicated in patients with: bronchial asthma; a history of bronchial asthma; severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease; sinus bradycardia; second or third degree atrioventricular block; overt cardiac failure; cardiogenic shock; hypersensitivity to any component of this product.
This drug is absorbed systemically. The same adverse reactions found with systemic administration of beta-adrenergic blocking agents may occur with topical administration. Severe respiratory or cardiac reactions, including death, have been reported following systemic or ophthalmic administration of timolol maleate. Timoptic should be used with caution in patients with cerebrovascular insufficiency.
The most frequently reported adverse experiences have been burning and stinging upon instillation.
Please see full Prescribing Information by clicking on the link above.
*Valeant does not endorse the information contained on these Web sites. When you click on these links, you will be leaving the TIMOPTIC® in OCUDOSE® Web site.