Valeant Patient Assistance Program
The Valeant Patient Assistance Program is a valuable service to help your patients access the medications they need by providing free or low-cost prescriptions for their Valeant products. Calling the Valeant Patient Assistance toll-free number, may provide them with:
- Information to help them learn how their medications will be reimbursed or covered by their health insurance
- Agents will uncover barriers to coverage, and what steps will be needed to overcome them
- Forms or instructions necessary for their coverage will be faxed or sent directly to your office
- Help on how to locate any insurance – including coverage they may not know they have or an older plan they may not know is still active
- Help in getting Valeant medications free of charge for patients who qualify, which requires that they:
- Are a legal resident of the US
- Do not have any known prescription drug coverage
Household Income for Eligible Patients*
If you have any questions about the coverage of TIMOPTIC® in OCUDOSE® by your insurance plan, please call the toll-free hotline on 866-268-7325, Monday – Friday 9am–5pm (except holidays), to request forms or to speak to a knowledgeable Valeant representative.
INDICATIONS AND USAGE
Preservative-free TIMOPTIC® in OCUDOSE® is indicated in the treatment of elevated intraocular pressure in patients with ocular hypertension or open-angle glaucoma. Preservative-free TIMOPTIC® in OCUDOSE® may be used when a patient is sensitive to the preservative in Timoptic (timolol maleate ophthalmic solution), benzalkonium chloride, or when use of a preservative-free topical medication is advisable.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Timoptic is contraindicated in patients with: bronchial asthma; a history of bronchial asthma; severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease; sinus bradycardia; second or third degree atrioventricular block; overt cardiac failure; cardiogenic shock; hypersensitivity to any component of this product.
This drug is absorbed systemically. The same adverse reactions found with systemic administration of beta-adrenergic blocking agents may occur with topical administration. Severe respiratory or cardiac reactions, including death, have been reported following systemic or ophthalmic administration of timolol maleate. Timoptic should be used with caution in patients with cerebrovascular insufficiency.
The most frequently reported adverse experiences have been burning and stinging upon instillation.
Please see full Prescribing Information by clicking on the link above.